Skip to main content

Isn't it beautiful?

Butterfly Perched on Flower

This picture, colorful as it is, says quite a bit to me. To assuage the need for desire, fulfillment and satisfaction, the butterflies are drawn to the nectar of the wild flowers. Creatively transforming what an artist would call an inspiration, into a masterpiece.

Isn't it beautiful?

Well, it is the start of May, the first of its 31 days, and I am still left behind somewhere in the throngs of  March. I guess I would have to move forward as fast as I can to reach the present.

A lot has happened in the month of April - catastrophes, terror attacks, people dying, babies born, weddings, new beginnings, an end to relationships, an end to struggles, hope for the future, children graduating, sicknesses, discoveries, and the list goes on.

What I am trying to say is that even through the bad times, the good times reveal itself. There's is always the good and the bad, acceptance and moving on is key to overcoming all difficulties. I know it is easier said than done.

People hope, pray, ask, receive and life just turn on its wheels. Not one of us can stop time or have it tick based on our needs, our time frame.

I look at things beautiful when things don't go the way I want it to. There is always tomorrow to begin anew.

So have a great month of May everyone. May success and trying chances be in your itinerary. Let life take its course. Let the tears flow if it makes you feel better, and then smile that you have another chance, another day to carry on.


-shobana-
All rights reserved. Copyright@2019







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Feel Anxious When You Submit A Book For Review?

This article was first published on SpeakUp Talk Radio.com's Blogatini. Do You Feel Anxious When You Submit A Book For Review? What terrifies me most after publishing my book is to have it submitted for review. I have experienced the worst and the best reviews on my stories, and sometimes, the bad reviews are aimed at the author in me, not so much at the contents of the book. I find those hard-hitting, negative remarks uncalled for. However, these negative remarks have made me a resilient writer. At the initial stages of writing, I think from a reader's perspective. A lot about the reactions of a reader and whether they will find my book a worthy read. I tend to be hard on myself, especially if I haven't expressed myself clearly. I tell more than show as I feel descriptive language can evoke a better understanding of the time and place I choose to write about. I believe one becomes synonymous with their individual style of writing when a reader finds the book has a voic

A Look into the Mind of Hans Christian Andersen

A look into the mind of Hans Christian Andersen From the stories that I have so far been introduced throughout this course and I will make special references to The Little Mermaid and The Red Shoes, I have come to respect Mr. Andersen for his vivid imagery and writing skills. I found myself wondering many a time as to his way of thinking, and what would have prompted him to write such as he did, and each time I came to the conclusion that his Christian faith played a big role in it. His poverty during his childhood seems to have inspired him to write of it as the background of his characters in most of his folk tales, and it often is associated with accessing wealth in the end. He seems to write of love sometimes in the most forlorn way, and I can only conclude that it might have been one of his most desired emotions. In the Little Mermaid, he entrances his readers with such accomplished detail of life under the sea and made us see the beauty of it through his exemplary w

It Rained That Day

IT RAINED THAT DAY Where I come from, the rain either poured or danced under rays of sunlight. Rainy days crept up on me in silent acceptance of the ways of nature. They resemble the ire of human nature or the gentle reflection of beauty amidst tempest. Light streamed from the rooftop of an opposite building into my hotel room. The stretched beams bounced off the adjacent walls to project a smoky ambiance to the dull, now partially brightened room.  I thought about how the lights shifted the drudgery of darkness to create an almost magical illusion for the naked eye. A look at the clock on the wall said it was 4.30 AM. I had roused earlier than usual. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. A glance at the mirror on the way reflected the tired eyes of a weary traveler. I rubbed my eyes, willing the redness to go away. It had been a long forty-eight-hour flight the previous day. The short transit hours during the journey didn't help, so it felt like I traveled the whole way- no